Endometriosis occurs when uterine tissue grows outside of the uterus, commonly in the ovaries or fallopian tubes.
The womenshealth.gov website mentions these typical symptoms of endometriosis:
- Abdominal, lower back, or pelvic pain during menstruation or prior to it.
- Bleeding or spotting between periods.
- Pain in the intestines, bloating, constipation or diarrhea.
- Pain during or just after sexual intercourse.
- Pain during a bowel movement.
Health Tip: Parenting a Child With ADHD
Parents of children with attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) can help their children succeed at home and at school.
The U.S. National Institute of Mental Health offers these suggestions:
- Keep your child's everyday items -- such as clothing, toys and backpack -- neatly organized.
- Create and maintain a consistent schedule each day for homework, meals, bedtime and other activities.
- Use organizers to keep homework in order. Encourage your child to write down all assignments, and to bring home all of the necessary books.
- Offer rewards and praise when your child behaves well.
- Communicate all rules consistently and clearly.