Health Tip: Boost Your Energy
If you often feel out of breath or seem to tire easily, you probably should better pace yourself.
Here are suggestions to help boost your energy, courtesy of National Jewish Health:
- Work slower, and take short, frequent breaks. Don't rush yourself.
- Find the most efficient way to perform everyday tasks. Don't make yourself work harder than you have to.
- Break out strenuous tasks into smaller projects, with breaks in between.
- Breathe slowly and deeply, and avoid short, jerky breaths.
- Plan your activities, schedule time for them, and relax.
Health Tip: Keep Stress at Bay
Some stress is unavoidable, but there are things you can do to prevent stress from taking over your life and making health problems worse.
The Cleveland Clinic offers these suggestions:
- Stick to a healthy diet, get plenty of exercise, avoid smoking and limit the amount of alcohol you drink.
- Don't allow others to make demands or set expectations for you. Say no, and don't be afraid to stand up for yourself.
- Take time every day just to relax.
- Set realistic goals and expectations for yourself, but understand that you can't control everything.
- Figure out what causes you stress in your life. Eliminate what you can, and learn how to manage other sources of stress.
- Remind yourself of what you do well and successes that you've had.