Wednesday, December 06, 2006

A Note You Should All Read

Hello there,

My name is Mary Whittle and I work for Edelman doing online public relations for the Consumer Healthcare Products Association.

I was writing first to introduce myself – Hello!

Second, I read your blog regularly and think I might have something of interest for you.

By way of background, my client, CHPA, is working on a campaign to raise public awareness about the growing problem of kids abusing dextromethorphan – that’s an ingredient in some cough medicine. As part of that effort, they have been pushing for congressional legislation to ban bulk sales of DXM on the Internet.

Happily, just a few hours ago, the House of Representatives passed the bill (HR 5280) by voice vote (http://clerk.house.gov/cgi-bin/lgwww_bill.pl?205280).

If you would like, I’ve got a lot more information on DXM abuse, HR 5280, and why it all matters that I’d be happy to send your way.

In the meantime, along with the legislative campaign, there are two educational web sites that you and/or your readers might be interested in taking a look at. Both were developed by CHPA and the Partnership for a Drug-Free America as resources for teens and parents, respectively:

www.dxmstories.com

www.drugfree.org/Parent/Resources/Cough_Medicine_Abuse


Have a great evening,
Mary

No comments: